Winter is getting closer and as we put on coats and think about how to face days of rain, wind and snow, in some places they live an eternal spring. There are some lucky ones, as in the case of Tenerife, where the colds do not arrive and you can enjoy fantastic plans all year round. Traveling to Tenerife in winter is one of the best plans you can consider.
If what you want is to escape the cold. If you feel like not having to wear gloves, scarf and hat for at least a few days, your place is Tenerife.
There are several things that Tenerife is a place to go to in winter.
Reasons to enjoy Tenerife in winter
Tenerife, the largest of the 7 Canary Islands, has the beautiful nickname “the island of eternal spring” due to its annual average temperature of 23 degrees. If you book a little in advance you can find a cheap flight from Madrid, for example, but also from any Spanish city that has the presence of Ryanair at its airport. With what you save you can give yourself one or two excursions of the most fun , I advise you to do it on the website of Trip Tenerife, a Tenerife company specialized in tourist leisure.
The list of reasons to visit Tenerife when it is cold on the Peninsula can be very long, but we will summarize it in these 7 points:
- There is no winter. As we said, spring is eternal on the island.
- Is near. It is not necessary to make thousands and thousands of kilometers to go to the Caribbean or Asia to enjoy the heat.
- Prices. The prices in Tenerife are not high so we can stay in great places, eat and have fun without costing us an eye.
- The offer of activities. The options and activities, excursions and things to do in Tenerife is immense.
- The gastronomy. Like every Spanish region, the islands have their gastronomic charm and that means enjoying each dish as if it were unique.
- Tranquility. Being a time when not everyone goes on vacation, we can take advantage to enjoy the island with fewer people, which gives it a quieter look.
- Nature. It is certainly the queen. The landscapes, the walks and the activities would not be the same without the great nature that stands out in Tenerife as in few other parts.
What to see in Tenerife
Being Tenerife an island with a lot of activity and a lot of places to see, you will be wondering what to see in Tenerife in winter?
As we said well in this area of Spain, winter as such does not exist, so you can enjoy a lot, really a lot, all year .
Among the most attractive places to see in Tenerife in winter are:
- The natural park of Teide. Places like Roques de García and Cañadas del Teide are a must see that you will not want to miss. The views of the third highest volcano in the world is something you want to retain in your memory and the tranquility of winter will allow you to do so.
- La Tejita beach in Médano. Yes, you read that right, you will enjoy beaches in winter and not just anyone, but a unique place like La Tejita beach, a natural beach and the largest in Tenerife.
- Cross port. Because no visit is complete if we do not go to the largest city on the island to walk and see its charms.
- The cliffs of Los Gigantes. Although you can see them from the coast, we advise you to go to see them by boat, kayak or jet skis because the experience will be unique.
- Garachico Being the old capital of Tenerife, it keeps a history that can be seen in its castle, the square and every corner.
- Punta de Teno. If you want to escape from the crowd, which in itself is already little in winter, we recommend this quiet corner where you will enjoy an air of fresh, clean sea and with all the tranquility of the world.
What to do in Tenerife in winter
As you can imagine, activities in Tenerife are abundant. There are so many things to do that it is best to plan ahead and prioritize what we want.
As a tip, some of the activities to do we recommend the following:
- Jetski/jet skis. This activity is a different way to enjoy the sea. My advice is to practice it in Los Gigantes, or Puerto Colón, perfect places.)
- Paragliding You will be imagining the views of the island from the top and you are right, they are spectacular. The best place for a paragliding flight is to do it from the south or the north to enjoy beautiful landscapes.
- Go partying. The night in Tenerife can be very busy so if you thought it was all beach, get ready to have a great time at night.
- Diving. If you do diving in Tenerife you will find a seabed so varied that you will want to repeat the experience. Diving in search of species that you did not see before is such a rewarding experience that you will want to repeat it the next day.
- Visit the Siam Park. Visit this water park and understand why it was chosen number 1 in the world on TripAdvisor.
- Potatoes with mojo. Try the potatoes with mojo is a dish that you can not miss and if you like fish the connoisseurs recommend those in the area such as Sama or Cherne.
It is clear that if you are a lover of the sun, the beach and nature Tenerife is the place you have to go.
The best thing about this island is not only that it can be visited in summer or spring, but a getaway in the middle of January, for example, is a more than valid option.
Do not think twice and imagine getting into the water, sunbathing or enjoying a walk with summer clothes while in your house the cold air knocks against the window.
Tenerife is an alternative all year round and in winter it is no exception.